Fall feels like a time for encouragement. We count our blessings and think of others during this season of thanksgiving. I’m thankful for friends that have encouraged me about blogging in the past few weeks.
Blogging can be tough. Writing is tough. Writing well, with amazing graphics and thoughtful design and thrown in–is a feat. My hats off to all bloggers that keep it up on a consistent basis. You are amazing.
These friends encouraged me to share what makes me joyful. Helping other people is something I love, but will all the business articles here, I was missing the zest of excitement. So, over the next month I’m going to experiment a little bit and share more things that make my designer heart sing. The things that made me fall in love with design. And hopefully, they will inspire you at the same time. There’s also a few new tutorial posts in the works as well.
The Pinboard is a feature I tried earlier this year, but was unsure if the format worked. Well, I opened up some files as I was cleaning up my folders this past week and I wondered. Why didn’t I ever do this? It was so fun!
So, it’s back. Every month this will be a curated collection of ideas, style and inspiration around a common theme.
Blue fits September. The leaves are starting to turn, the air is getting cooler–but hints of summer are still hanging on. Here’s a few things that fit September to me:
- This bedroom. Studio McGee is currently my favorite interior design firm (like really, I just want to be an interior designer after reading their site for any length of time) and they never fail to disappoint. I love how soothing yet livable the feel of this room is.
- This palette. Granted, I do not wear blue eyeshadow, but the browns and tans I definitely would wear.
- Ponytail holders are so cute and I really want one since my hair is in a ponytail a lot during the week. The one on the left is a barrette, and the one on the right actually clips the whole way around.
- Denim dresses are cute and versatile. Boden never disappoints.
- I’ve been searching high and low for a pair of booties that will work on my very narrow ankles and back of foot. Unfortunately most are so wide that my feet slip out or I feel like I’m going to have to shuffle the whole time. I like the height and color of these from Sole Society.
- Pecans? Chocolate chips? These cookies by Bakers Royale are calling my name.
- I was so happy to find dahlias for the first time locally at a farmers market. They make for beautiful end-of-summer arrangements!
If you have any thoughts about this style of post and what you think of it, I’d leave to hear it! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Happy September!